Translate

Sunday 24 July 2016

The Promised Update

Here is the update I promised Liugi last week, or maybe the one before.
So, the game? It's coming along nicely actually, especially since I got my zest back.
All Paths have been written, and by written, I mean written on paper, although two are almost complete in the programming world, but that alone, I am afraid, is a long way from the end.
You see, the game involves Emma, Evie, Lisa, Samantha, Sally, Dave and You. all of whom are main characters, and all of whom have a story to tell, each story has three paths so. therefore, three endings. It's a long process but I'm managing to get in three or four hours everyday which, given the way I was feeling just a few weeks ago, is really quite something.
Graphics currently sit a 75 thus far, but the end result will almost certainly quadruple that and then some, each of which, if you take an average time, is upwards of an hour, so I probably have, in excess of three hundred hours of renders left to do, although all basic scenes are built, saved and ready to start, 
I tend to write the scene as I am rendering the picture, I get a clearer picture in my head that way and I can better describe what I am seeing in my head, as well as on the render, I don't know if other authors do this, but for me it's a perfect fit that kills to birds with one stone, in other scenes it just does two birds with one boner lol
I have always loved working with 3D and 2D graphics and. until a few years ago when I sold my own company, was something I did an awful lot of.
I am going to leave it there for now, as I don't really want to give to much away. 
PLEASE do not read into this something that is not there, there is no time frame and what gets done, gets done, when, and only when, it gets done, so for now, I'm done... Not done, done, just done....For now, you know what I mean!!
For now though I will give you one last pic of the pool seen at sunset, so it here it is......

(Click to enlarge)
Told ya she was naked!!!  Still enjoying your summer?


EDIT..... Evie just sent me this selfie of herself sporting a black eye, she doesn't know her attacker at this stage, but, she thinks she has an idea.
Well here's an idea Evie, click to enlarge the image and then go get yourself some clearasil love.
I love you really xx.



13 comments:

  1. cool,enjoyed teachers pet so much.thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TP was just meant as a training exercise in tads3 but glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. keep it coming! can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you are working on a new game, so does the game have switching perspectives? Thats the impression i got, looks interesting either way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delay. but yes, you defiantly switch and, I suppose, it has MC to a certain extent.
      The Doc

      Delete
  4. Hi,

    I've made a new account just to reply you because i lost my password.

    I can't express how thankful I am for the update. TP was so cool, I cant wait for a larger game. Will you keep using tads3?

    btw you are making us feel bad because samantha is our mother hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't feel bad, she still has a story to tell, just not an incestuous one, and yes it still will be in TADS3.
      Sorry to hear about the whole password thing, it's really annoying when that happens.
      Thanks for your continued support and glad you enjoyed TP.

      The Doc

      Delete
  5. Why don u make a prateon page for ur games?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now, that's a loaded question...
      Firstly... I have never thought my games worthy of it, yes I need another graphics card and stuff but, should you be the one that has to pay for it?? I don't think so, not at this stage.
      Secondly.. I thought about writing this game in chapters, so, every month would be a another characters story, but I felt this would detract from the overall experience.
      And Thirdly.. I'm just not sure that I should.
      If I charged a mere £1.00 for every download of Teacher's Pet, I would have a whole new machine and then some. Do I deserve it? Absolutely not, I am writing in somebody's (Eric Eve's) language, all I write is the code!
      I look around and see so many people trying to charge for Twine games, why? They only input a story-line after all, but I do get that you have to be creative and adopt an identity of your own, some of the best authors like BBBen, GB, Another wannabe, A. Ninny (to mention a few) have all done this, you look forward to playing one of their games, whereas I do not even come close to matching these great's, Lucila Frost is another, if she charged for British Fox, I would have brought it, the only new author (in my opinion) that should have an account for his writing, is Palaverous, his writing is fantastic.
      So there you are, that's where I stand, could I change my mind? Of course and, maybe now that you ask, I will start an account tomorrow, I really don't know, but it is food for thought so thank you for that.

      SIDE NOTE...
      Sorry if I missed any authors out, just to get a game out there is a huge achievement and I applaud you all. I wasn't having a dig at Twine, or indeed the authors, this is purely the way I see the world..Which, in all honesty, is a little fucked up and against the grain!!

      Delete
    2. Let us know if you make it.... btw u the one that makes both graphics and text right? ITs hard to find someone that makes aif games with graphics... for me goblinboy was the best... sadly he is gone now... well ur game is great.... it may be small but i like it... i prefer ur game over those authors u mentioned there...nowadays u have a lot of "shit" games on patreon getting a lot of money from patreons, most of them made on rpg maker... they just do one or two lines of text and a bunch of images... that sucks, i cant understand why people like it.. ur game for ex is much more appealing with a good story.

      Delete
    3. I do make my own graphics, in fact, I make all of my models from scratch, some just fall into place, others take a little more time.
      I agree about the whole rpg maker thing, I just don't get it. I struggle with all HTML games, purely because it's just like flipping through a web page and holds very little enjoyment for me personally, that is not to say that a great deal of effort doesn't go into it, I am sure it does and some are very well written, I say some because I have only played a few.. A lot of the games use pictures that you can find anywhere on the net, I have to work at mine and am very proud of the results. I hate unrealistic plastic tits for example but, it wouldn't stop me playing a well written game.
      I think it all comes down to the old phrase "Each to their own."
      I would never criticize other authors, using any medium they choose, I just know what I like and that's what makes the world go around.
      It would indeed be a fucking boring life if we all liked the same thing.

      Delete
  6. looking forward to anymore teachers pet episodes also will there be a sequel to lark rise..... please

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying my level best Darren not to revisit my other games, Teacher's pet was a natural progression of Lark rise, although, I seem to remember, Evie was your sister in that and not Emma's.
      Old and worn, keeps all the same characters, with all the same family ties as it did in Teacher's pet, so again, it's a natural progression, both in programming and in story line.
      I have no plans to revisit Lark rise, originally it was supposed to be a threesome with your adoptive sister and her best friend but, I misread the mini comp rules that, clearly stated, that you could only have two sexual characters, I took this to mean that YOU, player character, could have two sexual partners not that you, as an author, could only have two sexual characters, alas, I had to rehash the whole thing in something stupid like 48 hrs, but I loved the buzz of having a deadline, although the Nescafe took one hell of a beating.
      I will try and publish an update for Sally's old and worn tomorrow, (Sunday) and get back to work on it on Monday.

      Delete