Translate

Tuesday 23 February 2016

In a bit of a quandary.

I made a new Lisa today, but this time using the base model Genesis 3 and I have to say, I don't know what to think. The original Lisa was made using Genesis 2, all the models were come to that.
I gave Genesis 3 the exact same morphs and dimensions that I created for the original, I gotta say it's a little weird looking at her, she looks like Lisa, sort off. Actually the best way I can describe it is that they have the same mother but different fathers lol, and now I don't know whether to switch all models or whether or not you like the models as they are.
Now I've said all that of course, it has just dawned on me that I would have to recreate everything, poses, expressions and the like, but now I've said that, you only have to look back at the time I lost all my work, not only did I have to recreate everything, I had to do it using new software.
You can see that I am in a quandary so here's a side by side comparison and I would very much like your feedback, although ultimately I may not listen.

(Click To Enlarge,)

14 comments:

  1. I like genesys 2 more, if you use genesys 3 you need to adjust the model, even if the better image possible with g3 coukd be better that the best with g2, i don't know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's no great difference, they both render as well as each other.

      Delete
  2. Huh, interesting how much it changed. Like you said, side by side you see some similarities, but there are definitely a lot of differences, too. The skin on 3 looks more smooth and 'perfected' ? while the other seems slightly more blemished perhaps but realistic? Maybe that isn't the right word, but more taken care of vs. natural.

    Then little differences in the teeth, lips, eyes - it all adds up.

    I don't really have a preference though. I think they both look acceptable and as fast as you pumped out the new models before I don't think it would be a *huge* timesink - it just depends if you think it is worth all the extra effort for what likely amounts to a change more so than an improvement.

    Or maybe you just like playing with the models and would rather spend the time with them regardless =D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got me, I just like playing with the models lol.
      But in truth you sound as bad as I do and in the words of the great Peter Alliss.
      "He used to be fairly indecisive, but now he's not so certain."
      I do think though I will stick with G2F, or maybe mix and match, oh crap, here we go again!

      Delete
    2. I can't argue with that! Well, I could - but I would argue each side and see the merits with both and be getting nowhere fast ;)

      Delete
  3. Yeah, GF2 is nicer. Focus man, Focus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Doc, apart from the odd shoulder crinkle I am happy staying with Vicky 4! I still get great facial expressions, hot bodies and interesting action poses. And all the support stuff is cheap relative to Genesis. And it is so plentiful that I seem to spend more time browsing Daz and Renderosity for bargains than I do on actual renders. Sound familiar?!
    So I would say keep working with G2 rather than spending valuable time and money updating to G3 for minimal benefit. Your renders with G2 are already great! I speak to both of us now when I say – let’s focus on output and not on process.
    W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The really good thing about the new Daz 4.9 is that it now has an auto fit for all of V4's clothing etc, that make life a little cheaper.

      Delete
    2. Wow, I had not released that! How do I find/access this function?

      W

      Delete
    3. It should work as soon as you put an article on Gen1, 2 & 3, It will pop up and ask where the clothes are coming from V4 and M4 have been added.

      Delete
  5. Did you remember to apply the G2F Clone morph to your G3F figure first? It's a hidden morph that reshapes G3F to look like G2F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about that, but didn't see the point, I just wanted to see how they would match up. The trouble with the morph is that they probably would have looked exactly the same and that was not really the point of the exercise.

      Delete