Translate

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Cheers Bazza

The 14th of March was my birthday, as it was last year, for this was the day I was born.
This year however, it was also the day that I found out that one of my best and dearest friends has been taken from this earth and, because of circumstances I cannot fathom, the funeral was finally today.
Bazza had been fighting MS ( multiple sclerosis ) all of his life, and by god that boy could fight, he was one of the bravest men I have ever had the privilege to know,  so. to hear that he had died of a mass heart attack came as a bit of a shock also.
Nothing has been done to the game since his passing and, until today, I seem to have been stuck in some kind of limbo.
Today, I finally said goodbye and, I hope, finally move forward.

Cheers Bazza old son, here's to you my friend, I loved you dearly, and will miss you, clearly.
I raise a glass to you this evening and hope the few that read this will join me, and not just to you. but to anyone that takes thier fancy.

Cheers all.

2 comments:

  1. I hope your mind is able to heal and your heart able to cope. Such a great loss is always a hard thing to handle. It is not those that pass that suffer, as they are gone from such shackles, but we who survive.

    My mother struggles with a terminal illness even now, so I know the feeling. So absolutely - cheers to those that have passed, those that still yet fight, and to those of us still here.

    Cheers to all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to your friend mate now witness my terrible text drawing of a glass and a face trying to drink from said glass \_/-(@o@)

    ReplyDelete