Translate

Tuesday 20 October 2015

The straw that broke the camel's back.

When I sold my company, it was with the understanding that I would be on stand by, should they ever need me, for twelve months. That's fair, after all, I now my clients and the trade way better than they do, The last two weeks has been spent working for the 'New Lot' sorting out issues, blah, blah, blah. I agreed to do this for them for twelve months, The problem started when they asked me to go to Harrogate! Fucking Harrogate? I have nothing against the place or the people except, it's 250 miles away for fuck sake and we are now in month 32 !! After I sold the company.
It's nice, to be nice, but it;s not nice to be taken the piss out of.
It really was the straw that broke this camel's back. I do not need the money (I live ok, not wealthy, but ok.) so why the fuck should I do it?
Well, I care about my old customers, but only in the same way that I care about you, my readers. They are past tense. You, however, are the here and now. You help me shape myself into who and what I want to be.
I had a blast, great people that I shell never forget. Great times that surpass others. They are the past, and now, now is the future. There will be no-more detours, there will be no--more helping the people that I went over and beyond for.
Today, I start anew, no more pressure from anyone other than me. The game will be out soon!!!

Hug, love and kiss each other, keep yourselves safe, and be kind to one another. Acknowledge those that are in your life today, before they become your yesterday. But most importantly,, live for the now, the today, the very thing that makes you, you. Never look back, never submit. Keep it whole, keep it you!!

The Doc

P.S Congrats to AW on his new cover release. Looks awesome sir!

4 comments:

  1. good luck for a probably quite interesting phase of your life sir ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I'm not to that part of my life yet (ending work and all), I understand your feelings. I enjoy being nice when I can and helping, even going out of my way at times. But you definitely have to watch out for yourself as there are those who would take advantage of your kindness and push too far and you have to let them know.

    It becomes easier for them to keep asking you since you are the good one, doing above and beyond what is needed. But eventually they stop thinking of what you are doing for them and it becomes 'normal' - they expect it.

    Again not that being a good person is a bad thing. It obviously is not! But remember to put your foot down now and then lest it be run over. Wait, that doesn't make sense... if your foot is down it is much more likely to be ran over than when it is up... but you know what I mean! =D

    Best of luck to you in life, now and in the future, Doc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. super excited for your new game! AIF has been pretty quiet recently, the community could really use this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is why you signed the stipulated agreement when you sold the company - 12 months and no more, if they want more, first it's not obligatory, second it won't be free. If you still have a large stake in the company, then it's probably time to hammer out a very clearly defined contingency consultancy agreement

    ReplyDelete